Monday, April 2, 2012

Humor me for a moment...Let's pretend you are Mary or Joseph.  And every day...the diapers...the constant cleaning up...the meals...the goofy dancing and off-the-cuff made up songs...whatever it is that fills your days...think about doing all that...for Jesus.  

WHOA!  Can you even wrap your mind around that one?

I wonder if I would be a better father than I have been to my children...if Jesus were my kid?  I can't imagine looking into the face of JESUS and getting inpatient.  Or being bothered in the middle of the night because Jesus had a bad dream and needed some extra cuddles.  (Okay...so I've never even thought about cuddling with Jesus until now).

No phone call, no TV show, no facebook status update would ever be more important.  I would cherish every moment.

What about you?  How do you measure up?  We spend so much time looking at and comparing our lives to our perceptions of the lives of the people around us.  And they all seem to have it together.  How about we throw that trash out...and look at the only measure that matters.  Matthew 25:40 says"...I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!"

I resolve to be a better father and a better man tomorrow...To love "the least of these"...whether that's a stranger or my precious boys. And I know that in the day to day...I miss it.  But I will wake up tomorrow and seek Him first.  And those other things will fall into place.  I will vow to be the man and husband and father that He has created me to be.  And when tomorrow comes to an end...I will wake up the next day and seek Him first again.  That's what I have.  That's what I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment